What to Expect
Your Can:Do Hearing audiologist will ask some general questions such as; what encouraged you to have a hearing assessment, what hearing difficulties you may have, where you experience them and how this affects you and others around you. They will help you talk through your hearing and ear health history and discuss if you have had any other hearing, balance or other auditory-related symptoms.
Each Can:Do Hearing hearing health assessment is tailored to your needs and unlike most providers Can:Do Hearing offer a full audiological assessment. It may include the following:
- Visual ear examination (otoscopy)
- Middle ear function testing (impedance testing)
- Outer hair cell function testing (otoacoustic emission testing)
- Pure tone audiometry (air and bone conduction)
- Speech audiometry (in quiet and in noise)
After the assessment your Can:Do Hearing audiologist will spend time discussing your results and how they relate to your concerns. They will provide you with recommendations based on the results you wish to achieve and together you will decide on an appropriate management plan so you can best achieve your goals.